recent posts

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Delicious Korean Food Shoppe

There's this new stall in the food court of our uni. While it was still under "beautification", we noticed that the paint colors are different from the rest of the stalls -- pink and yellow. So, I was wondering what kind of stall will it be and the type of food they're going to serve.
When the stall opened on its first day, I was oblivious to it, for I usually bring my own lunch (to save money and spend it for books :D).
Until one not-so-tiresome afternoon, during our University Days, we tried their smoothie. That was the time that I took notice on their stall, its colors, the equipments, and the owner. The owner and his son were there when we ordered smoothie for each of us. So then, it was confirmed that the owner is Korean.

the smoothie and slush machine
When we settled to our seats and started enjoying the smoothie, we noticed the cups and straws were so cute. The cups were colorful and the straws were both light pink and blue. And at the bottom of the straw, there was a small spoon-like structure wherein you can scoop the ice of the smoothie. And I thought, I don't usually see this kind of straw here. So I was delighted that I was using a "Korean straw". (LOL, hahaha)

the cups and straws
Today, at lunch, I tried their meal. I ordered Chili noodles for P69. While the Filipino tinderas were preparing our food, I closely observed them how they prepared the noodles. The noodles' pack was colored yellow Ramyeon sari was written as I read it.

Ramyeon Sari image source
Then I was surprised when they put the noodles not in a kitchen bowl but in a bowl wrapped in foil (well, I don't know how to call it :D). Then they placed the bowl on the "Korean equipment", and I asked what was that called and they know not either. :D

the amazing equipment that nobody knows the name :D (haha)
I was amazed, and still am, on how the equipment works. You press the button directed by the arrow and the hot water comes out at the exact volume for the noodles, that it won't spill nor was not enough.

push the button and the hot water pours down
I was expecting them to cover it and wait for few minutes just like most of the no-need-to-cook noodles or those cup noodles. But I was astonished at this part: the water started to boil and they were mixing the noodles with the chopsticks. There's heat below where the bowl was placed. (COOL :D) While doing so, I asked them the permission to take pictures with their stall and without hesitation, one tindera said yes. So, I took pictures until I was satisfied. :D Then the boiling and the mixing continued until three beeps were heard. That was the sign that the cooking was done. And WOW! was what I thought.

mixing the noodles
After that, they prepared a tray, then placed tissue, fork, soup spoon, chopsticks, the noodles, kimchi, and rice.

before
I enjoyed the meal a lot, although it was really spicy. :D

after :D
And yeah, my stomach was really really full. And I was thinking, did it slightly ruined my diet? hahaha

ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   

This is how the shoppe looks like. (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)


ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   

Just this Monday, they gave out flyers for their promo.


So, I ordered cream pasta and I also took a picture of them preparing for the customers' orders. :D


This one order was more then enough for me! I was so, so full! hahaha


ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   

MASITTA
The Delicious Food Shoppe


ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   

   (。◕‿◕。)   



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML