recent posts

Friday, June 22, 2012

The Philippine Onigiri

I've been hearing a lot about rice balls, specifically Japanese rice balls. I first heard a lot about it in Shuriken School aired on Disney Channel Asia.
Time passed, and when I watched Special A, a shoujo anime, I again saw this famous Japanese food. So I searched about its recipe, knew its Japanese term (onigiri), and then I realized its shape (for I was oblivious to its shape until then). (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)


source
When I saw the usual shape of the Japanese rice balls, I suddenly thought to myself, "Oh, we have that here in the Philippines!" But the difference is that they put something inside it, whether a fish or corned beef or chicken, etc. And they also make onigiri kawaii and decorate stuffs on it. But it's just as simple as it is here in the Philippines, only eaten at breakfast. Here, we call it puto (プート). I wish vendors here will also put something attractive to it to attract people's attention.
Here's a photo of a puto which I ate. (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)




From then, I call it onigiri until now. :D haha


ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   

   (。◕‿◕。)   



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML