recent posts

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Japinoy

Since I am a Japanese fan myself, I'm really interested to those who are Japanese-Filipino that became popular in Japan. (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Whether they were born in the Philippines or in Japan, doesn't matter.
Two of them (and I never expected) are Kawabe Chieko and Hayami Mokomichi.


ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   


KAWABE CHIEKO
河辺 千恵子

I first heard her voice in the opening song of one of my most favorite shoujo anime ~ Ouran High School Host Club. Without that song (Sakura Kiss), Ouran HSHC wouldn't be complete. And I found her voice to be unique & kawaii. (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Several weeks, I've been listening & singing that song, without even knowing that the singer has a Filipino blood. Waaahhh, that's overwhelming (for me :D). Until I came across articles and blogs that talk about these Japanese-Filipino that became famous in Japan. Honestly, I was shocked.
Okay, so much for that.
Here it is,
Kawabe Chieko (河辺 千恵子) is a female Japanese pop singer, model, radio host and actress.  She was born on February 24, 1987 in Tokyo to a Japanese father and a Filipina mother of Spanish descent. (Wikipedia)
she's so kawaii (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)


Sakura Kiss MV
Sakura Kiss mp3 download


ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   


HAYAMI MOKOMICHI
速水 もこみち


From the famous Japanese drama, Gokusen 2. He played as Tsuchiya Hikaru ~ one of the students in Class 3-D of Kurogin Gakuin.
He's also in some other famous dramas but I haven't watched them yet. (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
I was not shocked when I found out about this, but I was surely surprised. Many articles states that he's a quarter Filipino.
His real name is Omote Mokomichi. In an interview, he stated that "moko" means straight, and "michi" means road. Thus, the meaning of his name is "straight road". (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
 Some of his screen shots in Gokusen 2 are found here with the other four members of their group (in Gokusen 2). (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   ღ   

   (。◕‿◕。)   



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML